Monday, May 18, 2009

North Shore Weekend

TJ took a class this past week in Mandeville so Lyla and I went up to join him. We had never spent any time on the North Shore so we decided to make a long weekend of it. A guy TJ works with was kind enough to offer us his camper for the weekend. We walked around Mandeville near Lake Pontchartrain, visited Abita Springs and Lyla and I helped out with a Crawfish Boil. Here are a few pictures of Lyla and her daddy playing at the park in Abita Springs. It was one of the neatest parks I have seen around here.

Backwards swinging
Daddy barely fits!
Feeling the sand between her toes


Although I have eaten Crawfish lots of times, I had not seen the process from start to finish. Our friends, Bo and Christi, took Lyla and I to the seafood market and showed us how it's done. We had a big table full of crawfish, corn, sausage and potatoes by the time TJ got home from class.
Going in ALIVE
We only made a small dent! It was so good and so much fun. Where ever we go next, we will have to bring this Louisiana tradition with us. Along with King Cakes, Gumbo, Jambalaya & Bread Pudding. Hmmm...So that is why I am having a hard time with the baby weight! Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment