Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lyla's Hog Ride

After a fun day in the sun, we were hungry and I didn't feel like cooking so we headed to Baton Rouge for dinner. I love Cajun food and since we might not be here much longer, we are enjoying it as much as possible. We went to Boutin's. If you are in the area, it is a great restaurant to experience Cajun cooking and music at the same time. They have a live Zydeco band playing while you eat. They also have a big dance floor in front of the stage. Lyla liked watching the older kids dance around. I can just see in her eyes how badly she wishes she could join them! She is starting to eat more and more solid foods. She ate most of my baked potato and even tried some of my fish. My favorite dish of the evening was the Barbequed Shrimp. This is NOTHING like Texas barbeque, but still delish. Tons of butter, garlic and a hint of rosemary, what more could you ask for! As we were leaving I saw a great photo opportunity for Lyla. They had an antique mechanical hog. Her face is priceless. I crack up every time I see it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment