Sunday, April 4, 2010

Cypress Gardens

After church and a yummy brunch, we headed to Cypress Gardens just down the road from where we live. It is full of strangely beautiful plant-life and lots of alligators. We went out in a tiny boat that required ducking under bridges to get a closer look at these gators. Really!?! I was a nervous wreck! I kept having hysterical visions of Lyla falling in and me jumping in after her only to be attacked by a swarm of snapping jaws. But I did get to see where they filmed the Swan scene from my FAVORITE movie, The Notebook. So facing total annihilation had its reward!
the tiny wooden boats
Too close. I don't have a zoom lens!
Notebook Swan Scene
How I felt the entire boat ride

In a less terrifying section of the preserve, there was a small aquarium and a butterfly garden. This was more my idea of a leisurely Sunday afternoon outing. I got some beautiful pictures of Lyla. She looked so pretty in her Easter dress.
Checking out the "meesh & nakes"
Pretty girl in the Butterfly Garden
Posted by Picasa


No comments:

Post a Comment