Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Actual 29th Birthday

Sunday was my actual birthday. Turning 29 is weird because everyone thinks you are just lying about being 30. We slept in and went to brunch at the Court of Two Sisters. Brunch is my favorite meal! The perfect combination of sweet and savory and it is completely acceptable to have a drink! I love mimosas! Other than Brennan's, the CoTS has one of the best brunches. Unlike other places, they have a big hot and cold buffet with a made to order omelet/eggs Benedict station, so you can try a little of everything. I forgot to pack Lyla's portable highchair so we had to try the standard wooden chairs that the restaurant had. After a wipe down, she plopped right in. As silly as it seems, it amazes me how quickly things change with her. A few weeks ago this was not an option. She loved the sweetpotatos and grits. That's my Southern lady! She also became quiet accomplished at playing the spoons. She was trying to help the Jazz band out.
After brunch we wandered the streets. I love Sunday afternoons in the Quarter! It doesn't seem as crowded and you have the chance to really appreciate the architecture. We came upon this group of street performers. The woman had an AMAZING voice and it filled the streets. The swing dancers were a nice touch.
We went to Lush so that I could finally spend my gift certificate from Valentine's Day. I love their products. They are handmade, mostly organic and use fair trade ingredients. After that we headed back home. Lyla and I took a few pictures with our hats on. TJ got me a new summer hat for the pool. I love hats and this one is great!I have a such a wonderful husband! It was the best birthday and a great way to start out my last year of 20's youth!

No comments:

Post a Comment