Friday, April 1, 2011

Flowertown & Cajun Festivals

Spring means festivals everyweekend! And I love a good festival. The food, the rides, being outside with my family; they have to be one of my favorite ways to spend a weekend. My friend and I took our girls to the Flowertown Festival in Summerville. They have a huge craft show and lots of small rides for the kids. My favorite hairbow vendor participates so I have to stock up since she won't be around again until Christmas! Lyla had a blast with her friends, Tyler and Caylin. I wasn't sure if she would like the rides. We have tried a few quarter rides and she always wants off after about 5 seconds. Maybe strength in numbers helped her out, but she loved getting on their with her friends.
T.J. was able to join us for the Lowcountry Cajun Festival on James Island. The food was a fairly close subsititute for Lousisiana. It was so crowed that they were running out of food and the adult beverage lines were outrageously long. We stayed and listened to a few zydeco songs and left. It is already getting really warm. It's going to be a hot summer!









Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment